Scroll down to view all GREEN dates and upcoming opportunities
2019 Water Quality Professional Development Workshops:
Water Quality Testing: (Part 1 of 2)
For new and existing GREEN teachers and mentors
DATE/TIME: February 20, 2019 from 4:00 p.m. to 7:00 p.m.
LOCATION: Genesee Career Institute in room GCI 1 & 2 (5081 Torrey Rd, Flint, MI 48507). Location subject to change. Please refer to your registration confirmation for any updates on location.
- Light refreshments will be provided.
- Work directly with expert mentors to cover safety, background information and procedures for each of the nine tests.
- Bring your GREEN Teacher Notebook. If you are a new participant, a print copy will be provided for you.
- Please bring any chemical kits currently at your school for chemical replacement and kit updates
- An additional PD Day on February 22nd will cover how to interpret the data with students, classroom technology resources, how to implement PBL/PBE with Flint River GREEN, Student Summit preparations, and a tour of Downtown Flint as it relates to water quality. Separate registration required for the February 22nd PD Day. New teachers must attend both PD Dates. Scroll down for information regarding February 22nd PD.
WHAT TO DO BEFORE THE PD:
- Review “Water Quality Tests” section of the most recent notebook: http://www.flintrivergreen.