UPCOMING TEACHER TRAINING:
All training related to GREEN is free-of-charge for teachers in the Flint River watershed who are also registered in the program thanks to our generous sponsors. Participants must first register for the 2021-2022 program before registering for any of the following training opportunities. All new teachers must complete the 3-hour GREEN Training Module prior to receiving supplies.
- GREEN Training Module: (asynchronous – virtual) An introduction to program logistics and timelines, testing procedures, classroom resources, and role expectations. Register Now.
- History of the Flint River: (asynchronous – virtual) A highly interactive Google Slide Deck built for students that guides the learner to discover human impacts on the Flint River from pre-settlement to current-day. Teachers will receive Teacher Slide Deck for each student slide set completed. You do not need to complete the entire deck for credit. Duration: 0-5 hours depending on number of slide sets completed. Register Now.
- Student Action Projects: (in person) February 12 | 9AM – 4PM. Gain tools to effectively guide your students through youth-led project selection and implementation. Learn how to facilitate class discussions with local decision-makers to assist with project planning. Meet with peer teachers who have successfully implemented action projects using the GREEN Bridges curriculum. Formal Presentation, 9AM – 1PM. Coaching and Planning, 1PM – 4PM. Register Now.
- Hands-On Water Quality Test Kit Refresher: (in person) February 15, 2022 | 4PM – 6PM. Backup Weather Date: March 1, same time. Meet with program staff and expert mentors as you use each test kit, explore stream scenarios, and analyze results. Prerequisite: GREEN Training Module completion. Register Now.
- Mentor & Teacher Meet-Up: (format TBD) March 8, 2022 | 2PM – 6PM. Meet your mentor or teacher alongside program coaches. Discuss roles within your partnership and tips for successful classroom experiences. Mentors begin at 2PM for youth engagement training. Teachers may join at 3:30 PM. Register Now.
- Student Summit Preparation: (synchronous – virtual) April 5 | 4PM – 6PM. Learn how to best navigate the annual Student Summit which will be held virtually May 16 – 25, 2022. Student posters and recorded presentations are required for each school in attendance. In this training we will review these requirements, discuss virtual connectivity, and save time for questions. Register Now.